Community Bible Study has been serving in Ukraine for many years. We have hundreds of CBS group members in the midst of the war. Please pray for them. Please remember also to pray for the CBS family on the other side of the conflict. They are suffering, too.
A. Please pray for peace for Ukraine
- First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2)
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ (Psalm 90:1,2)
B. Please pray for protection for our CBS Ukraine leaders and group members
- Some recent updates from our CBS Ukraine leaders:
- Our situation is tense. Missile shelling was nearby. We are all at home now. Recently, something jerked nearby, making the house shake. There is no fuel, all products are bought… The night was restless. At 2 o’clock in the morning, we were called by the ministers to pray for an hour with our families. Then we lay down to rest, but at 6 o’clock we were awakened by an explosion somewhere nearby.
- Please, just pray for us. I moved from Kyiv to my parents’ home. I am with them right now. Here we live not far away from the xxx border and xxx is also close. My close relative right now decided to escape from Kyiv and many-many people too. News says that xxx is going to start bombing us and it is very-very scary!!! Please pray!
- We came to a bomb shelter now.
C. Please pray for the refugees
- 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’… 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ (Matthew 25)
- UNHCR estimates that 4 000 000 people will flee from Ukraine to the neighboring countries (source).
D. Please pray that we could do our small part in the big picture of bringing help, hope, and healing to the hurting
- Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
- 14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (James 2)
- In addition to praying for Ukraine, you may want to join me and give as the Lord leads you. You can find the giving options here (https://cbseurope.org/donations/). CBSI Europe and MENA NGO is registered in the U.K. in a way that allows us to use our finances for humanitarian needs, too. Let’s prepare to help.
- Donations to Ukraine via CBS U.S. can be only used for Bible study purposes. We want to be ready to translate new materials, print them, travel to train, and start new CBS groups among the refugees. You can donate here: https://www.communitybiblestudy.org/donate/donate-now/#regions (Select REGIONS AND COUNTRIES – Europe – Fund Name( Project)* – Ukraine (Country Link).
Crying out to God with you for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine,
Regional Coordinator for Europe
Community Bible Study
Edits: January 27th at 7 pm (A typo corrected, and some info changed to make it more difficult to connect the stories to actual people and places.); January 28th (Edited the giving options section.)